Susie’s Place Child Advocacy Center in Avon is accepting applications to fill a full-time forensic interviewer position.
For this position, interested applicants should submit a cover letter and resume to Susie’s Place Child Advocacy Center at email@example.com no later than September 25, 2018. No telephone inquiries please.
JOB TITLE: Forensic Interviewer
AGENCY: Susie’s Place Child Advocacy Center in Avon, Indiana
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
***Please note that Susie’s Place does not currently offer medical benefits.***
FORENSIC INTERVIEWER DEFINITION: A full-time, exempt professional position charged with interviewing alleged child victims of crime and child witnesses to violent crimes while following a recognized forensic interview protocol.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS: Bachelor’s Degree in social work, criminal justice, education or a related field or a Master’s Degree in Social Work or Forensic Science; a minimum of two (2) years of professional experience working with children and families where abuse and violence are identified issues; professional experience in working with the criminal justice or child welfare system; will be trained in a Forensic Interview techniques before the contract period.
JOB DESCRIPTION-SPECIFIC DUTIES:
- Conducts developmentally and culturally sensitive forensic interviews of children, adolescents, and young adults on cases involving allegations of crimes against children or child witnesses to alleged crimes in collaboration with a multidisciplinary team.
- Conducts forensic interviews during regular business hours, as well as, during on-call hours which may include nights, weekends, and holidays as scheduled by the Executive Director.
- Must be willing and able to drive to either Susie’s Place facility to conduct interviews and throughout large geographic region for team meetings, court hearings, and other required
- Facilitates pre/post interview multidisciplinary team meetings.
- Prepares and maintains the Susie’s Place facilities for forensic interviews, meetings, and tours.
- Responds to subpoenas and testify when requested.
- Participates in case reviews, peer reviews, and Team Meetings. Present cases when requested.
- Assists multidisciplinary team in collecting all relevant child and family history and making appropriate referrals for services.
- Participates in supervision, professional development and on-going training activities including successful completion of a recognized forensic interview protocol training.
- Assists with other agency activities as requested, including but not limited to:
- develop protocols to facilitate inter-agency investigations
- assist in conceptualizing and writing grant proposals
- participate in case tracking, including data collection and entry
- assist in the process of ensuring Susie’s Place compliance with standards of the National Children’s Alliance
- attend various meetings in the community to represent Susie’s Place
- Serves as a speaker/presenter on topics relating to forensic interviewing of alleged child abuse victims, Susie’s Place services and child abuse prevention.
- Consistently demonstrates professional behaviors and leadership skills that are in support of the mission of Susie’s Place and serves as an advocate for the agency and its clients to support and promote quality standards.
- Performs other tasks and responsibilities as requested by Executive Director and/or Associate Director.
JOB DESCRIPTION-SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS:
- Must be able to work well with children
- Must be able to work in stressful situations
- Must be able to work independently as well as function as a team member and accept guidance and direction from Executive Director
- Must be able to meet on-call requirements to respond to crisis intervention
- Must be able to work with a variety of people, including clients and their families, professionals in the areas of law enforcement, medicine, education and agency employees
- Must be able to deal with a variety of emotions under stressful situations and be able to deal with people who may be very upset
- Emotional stability and personal maturity are important attributes in this position
- Requires normal range of hearing, eyesight, coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to record, prepare and communicate reports and operate office equipment
Thank you for your interest in Susie’s Place Child Advocacy Centers. Applicants should submit a cover letter and resume to Susie’s Place Child Advocacy Center at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than September 25, 2018.