Susie’s Place is hiring for positions across our locations. Each position helps further our mission to help children and families heal after an allegation of abuse.
Susie’s Place is an equal opportunity employer. Full Time positions earn generous paid time off, paid holidays, and a simple IRA retirement plan with up to a 3% match. Susie’s Place does NOT offer insurance at this time.
About the Development Officer position
This position works from our Avon location but will require some travel to our Bloomington and Terre Haute centers. This position pays $50,000 annually and reports to the Associate Director.
- You’ll be responsible for working collaboratively with the Susie’s Place Board and Executive Staff to implement and execute a comprehensive fund development plan.
- You’ll contribute to strategies for and coordinate all fundraising activities of the agency in keeping with the agency goals.
- You’ll strategize with Board and Executive Staff to seek new corporate and foundation funding sources and maintain relationships with current/past donors.
- You’ll work collaboratively with Management Staff to complete grant prospecting and strategize for grant funding opportunities.
- You’ll assist with agency publications and electronic communication strategies.
- You’ll participate in operations of Susie’s Place that support and/or enhance fundraising efforts.
You should apply to this job if you have a(n):
- A strong knowledge of donor relations, endowments, annual giving, foundations/corporate solicitations, special event planning, and marketing.
- Demonstrated grant writing success preferred.
- Knowledge of philanthropic communities in which centers are located, preferred.
- Understanding or experience working with child welfare and/or criminal justice systems preferred.
A qualified candidate must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily and be able to attend required trainings/meetings, have a valid driver’s license with proof of minimum state required auto insurance, and successfully pass a criminal history check.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience: Bachelor’s degree in a related field (public relations, marketing or non-profit management). Minimum of 3 years of experience in a nonprofit management, development, marketing and public relations. Proficient computer skills, communication skills, and organizational skills.
To apply, email your resume to email@example.com.
About the Forensic Interviewer position
- You’ll be responsible for one of our core responsibilities by conducting 1:1 forensic interviews after a child comes to Susie’s Place in Terre Haute. You’ll be expected to work in a professional, non-leading manner that is 100% focused on the best interests of the child while balancing the needs of the investigation.
- You will report to the Forensic Interview Program Manager.
- This is a full-time position working Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm. Because interviews can arise with urgent needs, some rotating weekends and evenings will be on-call.
- This position does not offer health benefits.
- Pay is $44,500 annually.
You should apply to this job if you hold a relevant Bachelor’s or Master’s degree, are authorized to work in the U.S., work well with children and their families, can handle stressful situations, and are willing to work closely with our teams in Avon and Bloomington, Ind. as well as our multidisciplinary team partners.