Can you imagine the ripple effect from saving just one child from sexual abuse?
Susie’s Place has two staff members that are trained facilitators of the Darkness to Light: Stewards of Children Child Sexual Abuse Prevention Training. This training is a documentary style teaching tool outlining the parallel roads to prevention, protecting yourself from allegations and knowing the signs victims demonstrate.
Susie’s Place offers this training to any group working with children and youth, from sports programs to schools to religious institutions to community centers and more. If your organization works with or around children, this training is key to fully and comprehensively understanding prevention.
You’ll learn practical advice for working with children, hear from survivors, and how to be accountable.
Each Stewards of Children training is led by an authorized facilitator from Susie’s Place. Susie’s Place facilitators foster interaction, insight, and compassion amongst every attendee. You’ll receive:
- An interactive workbook and accompanying DVD featuring segments of sexual abuse survivors relating their stories of violation and healing. Other sections include the author of the curriculum and from professionals who work daily in the fight against sexual violence.
- Darkness to Light’s® 5 Steps to Protecting Our Children: A guide for adults to prevent, recognize, and react responsibly to child sexual abuse.
- Opportunity for discussion about important issues in sexual abuse prevention and the relevance of these issues within organizations that serve children and adolescents.
- The simple principles of choice, consciousness, personal power, and relentless compassion to motivate individuals to action.
- A curriculum that is direct about holding each adult accountable and the support necessary for personal change, taking into consideration any fears or concerns.
Through a series of real-life survivor stories, educational workbook, insightful group discussion and fact-based tips from experts in the field, your group will learn all aspects of prevention. Trainings are typically groups of 20 or fewer people and last roughly 2.5 hours.
You may be interested in registering for these upcoming training and prevention events
[add_eventon_list hide_empty_months=”yes” number_of_months=”3″ ux_val=”4″ event_type=”137″ ]
There is a fee for training, however some scholarships are available if your group qualifies. Contact us for details.
Request a Training for Your Group
You can watch the introductory video online or contact Candace Balzano to get more information. You can use the below form to request a training or schedule your group. Remember, it’s our responsibility to stop reacting to abuse and start being proactive about prevention.