You can host a fundraiser for Susie’s Place and help a child and family in crisis get the support they need.
Here are ways people around central Indiana have raised money for Susie’s Place:
- Ask for donations instead of gifts for your birthday or wedding.
- Hold a concert.
- Cunningham Restaurant Group frequently holds “Dine and Donate” events. A portion of a day’s proceeds goes directly to Susie’s Place. It’s good for business and good for kids.
- Local police departments go a month without shaving to raise awareness and funds.
- For the bold, auction off the rights for someone to do something to you — like a dunking booth, shave, or pie to the face.
- For the bolder, do something safe and offbeat. Think buckets of ice water or jumping into a lake.
And of course, these common ideas are always great ways to raise awareness and funds:
- Bake sales
- Yard and garage sales
- Quilt raffles
- Car shows
- Fish fries and food stands
- Holding a supply or snack drive
Whatever your plan, here’s how to get started:
- Decide what you’re going to do, when, and for how much. If you’re not sure how much to raise, don’t worry. Even $100 donations add up and go far.
- Tell your friends. Share it with your friends, family, and coworkers. Be specific in asking what you need them to do.
- When you’re done, get in touch, mail it, donate it online, or drop by one of our three locations. We’ll be forever thankful for your work.