Job Title: Organization Support Specialist
Reports To: Executive Director
Agency: Susie’s Place Child Advocacy Centers
Salary: Part-time non-exempt position at a rate of $16.00-$19.00 per hour to be reviewed annually from the date of hire.
Organizational Support Specialist Definition: Reporting directly to the Executive Director, the Organizational Support Specialist position of Susie’s Place provides assistance to the Executive Staff and Board of Directors to organize and execute the strategic plan for Susie’s Place. Major responsibilities include office management duties, special event support, and volunteer coordination.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain and manage organizational case database
- Secure referrals for services from Indiana Department of Child Services
- Recruit, screen, train, and manage volunteer network
- Creates and implements volunteer appreciation programs
- Tracks volunteers hours and distribution of activities/tasks to volunteers
- Intervenes and mediates issues related to volunteers serving programs including
- resolution of concerns, replacement of volunteers and removal of volunteers
- Maintain and manage organization’s donor database
- Plan and schedule meetings and appointments as requested
- Conduct necessary follow-up communication after meetings and appointments
- Prepare, proofread, and edit outgoing correspondence
- Assist with grant reporting requirements
- Assist with special event organizing, planning, and execution
- Assist with special events, presentations, and expos, as requested
- Attend staff meetings as scheduled
- Work a flexible schedule as required by responsibilities of the position.
- Work collaboratively to promote and participate in positive public relations and
- public education
- Performs other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily and be able to attend required trainings/meetings, have a valid driver’s license with proof of minimum state required auto insurance, and successfully pass a
criminal history check. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree preferred. At least 3 years of experience providing high level administrative and/or office support. Proficient computer skills, communication skills, and organizational skills.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to manipulate, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, climb stairs, or balance. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus, distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Please submit a letter of interest and resume with references to [email protected] by 5:00pm on Friday, June 27, 2014. No phone inquiries please.